Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Her Last Move


Analysis:  This is the story of Joe, a "super recognizer",basically a photographic memory for faces.  If he's seen them, he can recall when and where, which makes it really helpful in remembering the bad guys, and Becca, an over worked London detective, who has a special needs daughter at home.  She's trying to balance work and home and failing miserably at both.  Together, they are on the hunt for a serial killer, trying to stop him before he strikes again.

Reaction:  First thought, "John Marrs? Why does that name sound familiar to me?". So I went back and looked at older entries and saw they I had reviewed one of his books before.  While I didn't like this one as much as I did that one, I can honestly say his books stick with you.  I could be at the grocery store and I'm suddenly thinking "I wonder what's going on with Joe and Becca".  I did not see the end coming at all, which is nice, as long as it makes sense.  You don't want something that comes completely out of left field.

Courtesies:  Thank you to John Marrs (quickly becoming one of my favorite authors and I don't suspect I'll draw a blank next time I see his name on a book) and Thomas & Mercer, for making this ARC available to read.


Sets Sail:  November 8, 2018...so it's out.  Get your copy today whoever you do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Perfect Girlfriend

Analysis:  The story of a woman who goes to extreme lengths to get back the relationship that she's lost.   Reaction:  Somebody nee...