Monday, May 28, 2018

The Prisoner In The Castle



Analysis: A group of spies are imprisoned on an island off the Scottish coast during World War II, in order to prevent the secrets and inside information they know from getting into enemy hands.  They are deemed to know too much and are security risks, so they are banished to this island for what they know until the war is over.

Reaction: I liked this book, but I didn't love it.  I did not know it was part of a series, this is book #8 and the most recent addition.  But it reads well as a stand alone book, if you have no prior knowledge of the characters.  So in that regard, it's a plus.  But, the number of characters was just too much for me.  It was difficult keeping everyone straight.  I understand that many were needed because of the way the story was and not everyone was going to make it to the end.  I kept thinking that it was like a game of Clue, with double the amount of suspects.  I think if I were to read this again, I would pay closer attention to some of the details that seem insignificant at the time but turns out to be huge later on and you find out it was a bread crumb.

Courtesies:  Thank you to the author, Susan Elia MacNeal, and the publisher, Bantam Books, for the opportunity to read this in advance and give my honest opinion of it.  As per usual, all thoughts are my own.

Sets Sail:  August 7, 2018 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Perfect Girlfriend

Analysis:  The story of a woman who goes to extreme lengths to get back the relationship that she's lost.   Reaction:  Somebody nee...