Thursday, September 6, 2018

When The Lights Go Out


Analysis: A book split into two stories, one about a woman's obsession to have a baby, to the point that it trumps everything else in her life, and the other about a girl on a quest to find out where she comes from, while battling insomnia and trying to determine what's real and what's not.  

Reaction:  Um, it was okay.  I picked this up because of the author.  I pretty much love everything she does.  Unfortunately, this was the exception.  I didn't hate it.  My bar for her is just so high, she didn't meet it this time.  One story was infinitely better than the other to me, as I just couldn't relate to the NEED to have a baby.  In that regard, I'm sure I wasn't the target audience.  Mary Kubica is REALLY good so the parts of this that were enjoyable were extremely much so.  I just groaned when it switched to the other story.  Could have done without that.

Courtesies:  Thank you to the author, Mary Kubica, and the publisher, Harlequin - Hanover Square Press, for making this available to read ahead of its debut on shelves.

Sets Sail:  September 4th, 2018 so it just came out the other day so rush out and get your copy today.  Just walk, don't run.  That's how people get hurt.  Better yet, order it online, then you don't have to go anywhere or get dressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Perfect Girlfriend

Analysis:  The story of a woman who goes to extreme lengths to get back the relationship that she's lost.   Reaction:  Somebody nee...